Senior Transaction Leader
Who we are
Open Capital is a diverse, global team of 150+ focused on advancing African economies and solving some of its most pressing challenges. We are advisors to the most innovative businesses, investors, and donors to scale businesses, structure and invest capital, and enable market-based solutions.
Since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed 1,200+ engagements across 27 countries in Africa. Our clients have transformed local industries in agribusiness, energy access, financial services, healthcare, and water & sanitation, among others. We have closed >$1.2 Billion in capital raises in Africa and are now leading design for a new generation of market-building mechanisms, including new investment vehicles, market accelerators, and more. We work closely with >500 global venture capital and private equity firms, family offices, development finance institutions, and HNWIs to deploy capital and develop new financial products, for example blended finance, structured credit, and off-balance sheet vehicles. Recent transactions include raising Series A venture rounds for African fintechs, designing a $100M+ securitization for off-grid solar, co-creating VentureBuilder, a blended finance fund to scale solar energy access, and structuring venture debt and growth equity raises across agriculture, healthcare, and circular economy.
Today, our Africa-based team is a diverse mix of 150+ talented individuals from 15+ nationalities and we are proud to have strong gender representation across levels. Our team has expansive experience from the world's top consultancies, private equity firms, investment banks, and development organizations such as BCG, McKinsey, Citigroup, World Bank. We have built a platform to drive change through African markets and are seeking exceptional team members to join us in Nairobi, Kampala, Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Lusaka, or Lagos.
Why join us
We are a diverse, highly-motivated team with a dual mission: advance African economies & build generations of business leaders. Our culture enables us to deliver exceptional client outcomes and support each other as we grow into global leaders. We enjoy solving big, tough challenges and working with great people to do it!
You are at the heart of Open Capital, directly leading multiple client transactions for Africa’s most innovative businesses and local and global investors. As a Senior Transaction Leader, you serve as a senior point of contact across multiple clients, working with teams to prepare client deliverables and serving as a thought partner to clients.
As a senior member of our capital markets team, you will;
- Represent businesses and investors on raises across equity, debt, quasi equity, and blended capital and support companies to develop financing strategies and improve ‘investment-readiness’
- Oversee teams to create client deliverables that achieve outcomes, for example financial models, investor presentations, due diligence and strategy presentations
- Serve as a senior point of contact to clients, managing and coaching team members including Transaction Leaders, Associates, and Analysts, while closely collaborating with our Partners and Principals as you advance as a senior leader at Open Capital
- Play an active role in driving new business origination, developing market theses, and engaging client relationships around transactions, financial products, and other market opportunities
- Manage a broad network of investors and business relationships proactively, understanding where OCA can add value
Who you are;
You want to make a difference and share our optimism for what we can achieve! You have…
- 8-12 years of experience at an investment bank, private investment firm, development finance institution or in a transaction role within a corporate with significant experience in structuring transactions;
- Significant experience preparing and evaluating financial models and investor presentations across a variety of contexts;
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds, managing complex situations with many stakeholders. Experience in Africa is preferred but not required
- Interest in sectors helping drive African economies, such as agriculture, energy access, financial services, healthcare, among others
- Experience in managing and coaching teams, including more junior and mid-level professionals;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Professional fluency in English with fluency in French or African languages as a strong plus. Applicants interested in Abidjan & Dakar locations should be fluent in both French and English
Note: OCA currently offers work permit sponsorship for all offices except Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Senegal, and Ghana. Work authorization in these locations is a prerequisite for employment.
Reach out to us
If you’re passionate about driving change while working with our amazing team, tell us about yourself by filling out the recruiting form and sharing your CV. We greatly appreciate your interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.