Who we are
Open Capital is a diverse, global team of 150+ focused on advancing African economies and solving some of its most pressing challenges. We are advisors to the most innovative businesses, investors, and donors to scale businesses, structure and invest capital, and enable market-based solutions.
Since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed 1,200+ engagements across 27 countries in Africa. Our clients have transformed local industries in agribusiness, energy access, financial services, healthcare, and water & sanitation, among others. We have closed >$ 1.2 Billion in capital raises in Africa and are now leading design for a new generation of market-building mechanisms, including new investment vehicles, market accelerators, and more.
Today, our Africa-based team is a diverse mix of 150+ talented individuals from 15+ nationalities and we are proud to have strong gender representation across levels. Our team has expansive experience from the world's top consultancies, private equity firms, investment banks, and development organizations such as BCG, McKinsey, Citigroup, World Bank. We have built a platform to drive change through African markets and are seeking exceptional team members to join us in Nairobi, Kampala, Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Lusaka, or Lagos.
Why join us
We are a diverse, highly-motivated team with a dual mission: advance African economies & build generations of business leaders. Our culture enables us to deliver exceptional client outcomes and support each other as we grow into global leaders. We enjoy solving big, tough challenges and working with great people to do it!
The Analyst Role
In this role the analyst support OCA projects and our clients in 3-6 month rotating embedded placements. Through the 3-6 months placements you will quickly build diverse experience, working with senior-level clients and senior management within our team and offering unprecedented opportunities for personal and professional growth. Analysts will start with a rigorous training program to build strategic and financial skills, combining hands-on coaching and real-world experience in order to prepare you to assume responsibility as you grow in your role. Training is an integral part of this multi-year commitment and is funded by the company as part of this full-time position.
We are looking for exceptional, ambitious, innovative graduates who are looking for growth and learning and making an impact through their work. You should be able to begin work full time either in May 2024 or Sep 2024;
Roles and responsibilities.
- Analysing new business opportunities.
- Creating and managing new systems and overseeing client budgeting.
- Performing market research, developing financial models, and creating presentations for clients.
- Developing insightful analysis and problem-solving through analytical and organizational tasks.
You will join us at an exciting time – we are seeking to achieve broad, ambitious growth goals, and can now leverage a strong international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space. As we look to deepen our reach in the broader African market, there will continue to be many opportunities to engage across Sub Saharan Africa. The right candidate should be excited and genuinely motivated by the challenging strategic and financial questions we answer for our clients.
Academic Qualifications/ Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a second-class degree from an accredited university;
- Graduating year – 2021, 2022 or 2023
- Proficient skills in MS Office; specifically excel and word;
- Attention to detail and desire to learn;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical abilities;
- Ability to multi-task and get things done;
- Ability to work effectively in a team;
- Strong academic performance in any discipline and a clear understanding of business;
- Desire to learn and grow while being exposed to new industries and business issues;
- Fluency in English is required;
- Ugandan national or possess valid work authorization;
- Enjoy solving challenging strategic and financial questions;
What we offer
- An exciting opportunity to work with a great diverse team driven towards a great vision and Impact work.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Exposure to diverse clients across Sub Saharan Africa
- Exposure to multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Unlimited space to grow and be innovative.
- Growth of professional network
- Exposure to a variety of sectors during projects/assignments
The interviews will take place between January and March 2024.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 5th, 2024 5.00 PM East Africa Time