Who we are
Open Capital aims to transform Africa by advancing African economies and building future generations of
business leaders. We are advisors to the most innovative businesses, investors, and donors to drive growth on
the continent, structure and invest capital, and enable inclusive, market-based solutions.
We’re proud of what we’ve built – since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed 1,600+
engagements across 30 countries in Africa. Our clients have transformed local industries in agribusiness,
energy access, financial services, healthcare, and water & sanitation, among others. We have closed >$1.5
billion in capital raises in Africa and are now leading design for a new generation of market-building
mechanisms, including new investment vehicles, market accelerators, and more.
Today, our team is a diverse, global mix of 170+ talented individuals from 15+ nationalities and we are proud
to have strong gender representation across levels from Analyst to Partner. We are a top employer that seeks
excellence in everything we do; we have built a platform to drive change through African markets and are
seeking exceptional team members to join us in Nairobi, Kampala, Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Lagos, and Lusaka.
Why join us?
We are a diverse, highly motivated team with a dual mission: advance African economies & build generations of business leaders. Our culture enables us to deliver exceptional client outcomes and support each other as we grow into global leaders. We enjoy solving big, tough challenges and working with great people to do it!
You are a senior member of our management, at the heart of Open Capital. You oversee multiple client projects, serve as a thought partner to many of the world’s most exciting and impactful development partners, investors, and businesses, and build a platform to drive OCA’s mission.
- Participating and driving the overall strategic direction of the company, working closely with our Partners and the rest of the senior management team.
- Identifying client challenges and opportunities for growth and developing and implementing strategies to address them effectively and supporting implementation.
- Serving as a thought leader and trusted advisor to senior-level clients, collaborating with them to co-creating initiatives and structuring new projects.
- Overseeing client project management and work planning, taking significant responsibility for key milestones and deliverables.
- Managing, coaching and developing teams of Project Leaders, Associates, and Analysts, providing guidance and supporting in project execution.
- Assuming management responsibility for OCA's growth, including budgeting, resource allocation, and performance monitoring.
- Leverage OCA's international brand in the impact investing and frontier market space to achieve ambitious growth goals.
- Overseeing business development and new idea origination, building your own deep networks and developing innovative solutions with our Partners
- Leading internal strategic initiatives and contributing to the development and implementation of organizational policies and processes
- Participating in internal management platforms like internal Committees to ensure quality decision-making.
- Reinforcing the firm culture and earning trust internally & externally as thought leader.
Who you are
You want to make a difference in your work and share our optimism for what we can achieve! You have…
- 12+ years of proven experience at a top global management consulting or development consulting firm or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables, partnership formation, and client service.
- MBA or advanced degree helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, coach and lead teams.
- Proven ability to set strategies and drive these to completion, taking ownership of the results.
- Strong communication skills and analytical abilities and insightful, structured way of presenting information.
- Adaptability and ability to work across functions.
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds, managing complex situations with many stakeholders. Experience in Africa is preferred but not required.
- Interest in sectors helping drive African economies, such as agriculture, energy access, financial services, healthcare, among others
- Professional fluency in English with fluency in French or African languages as a strong plus. Applicants interested in Abidjan & Dakar locations should be fluent in both French and English
Note: OCA currently offers work permit sponsorship for all offices except Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Senegal, and Ghana. Work authorization in these locations is a prerequisite for employment.
Reach out to us
If you’re passionate about driving change while working with our amazing team, tell us about yourself by filling out the recruiting form and sharing your Cover Letter/CV. We greatly appreciate your interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.