Who we are
Open Capital aims to transform Africa by advancing African economies and building future generations of
business leaders. We are advisors to the most innovative businesses, investors, and donors to drive growth on
the continent, structure and invest capital, and enable inclusive, market-based solutions.
We’re proud of what we’ve built – since we founded Open Capital in 2010, we have completed 1,600+
engagements across 30 countries in Africa. Our clients have transformed local industries in agribusiness,
energy access, financial services, healthcare, and water & sanitation, among others. We have closed >$1.5
billion in capital raises in Africa and are now leading design for a new generation of market-building
mechanisms, including new investment vehicles, market accelerators, and more.
Today, our team is a diverse, global mix of 170+ talented individuals from 15+ nationalities and we are proud
to have strong gender representation across levels from Analyst to Partner. We are a top employer that seeks
excellence in everything we do; we have built a platform to drive change through African markets and are
seeking exceptional team members to join us in Nairobi, Kampala, Accra, Abidjan, Dakar, Lagos, and Lusaka.
Why join us
We are a diverse, highly-motivated team with a dual mission: advance African economies & build generations of business leaders. Our culture enables us to deliver exceptional client outcomes and support each other as we grow into global leaders. We enjoy solving big, tough challenges and working with great people to do it!
You are at the heart of Open Capital, directly leading multiple client projects at a time, solving a diverse range of problems across sectors in Africa, and acting as a trusted advisor to many of the world’s most exciting and impactful development partners, investors, and businesses. You manage and coach our Analysts and Associates and work closely with Partners and Principals, who coach you as you grow to be a senior leader at a global level.
- Lead multiple projects, solving complex problems and designing impactful solutions for a range of clients, including businesses, investors, and development partners. See here for various past examples
- Implement outcomes that drive impact and results. We are not typical consultants, our work typically extends across multiple engagements working closely with our partners over time to ensure action is taken and support implementation
- Oversee project management and work planning, taking significant responsibility for key milestones and deliverables
- Manage and coach junior team members, while closely collaborating with our Partners and Principals to develop your own skills and experience to become a senior leader at Open Capita
- Support business development and new idea origination, building your own deep networks and developing innovative solutions with our partners
Who you are
You want to make a difference in your work and share our optimism for what we can achieve!
- 5-7 years of proven experience at a top global management consulting firm, investment firm, or experience as an entrepreneur or leader in a high-growth business, with significant responsibility for deliverables and client service. MBA or advanced degree helpful but not required
- Ability to effectively work with clients at all levels and backgrounds, managing complex situations with many stakeholders. Experience in Africa is preferred but not required.
- Interest in sectors helping drive African economies, such as agriculture, energy access, financial services, healthcare, among others
- Experience managing teams and coaching junior team members
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Professional fluency in English with fluency in French or African languages as a strong plus. Applicants interested in Abidjan & Dakar locations should be fluent in both French and English
Note: OCA currently offers work permit sponsorship for all offices except Cote d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Senegal, and Ghana. Work authorization in these locations is a prerequisite for employment.
Reach out to us
If you’re passionate about driving change while working with our amazing team, tell us about yourself by filling out the recruiting form and sharing your Cover Letter/CV. We greatly appreciate your interest, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to the high volume of applications.